Tuesday, March 10, 2009

-27BB 143 hands 23/15/2.8  Playing well again.

-20 AQs vs AA - shortstack 3 bet me.  That's a call, I think.  Folding AJo.
-16 Check called down min bets with mid pair, against a flopped 2 pair (!)  Optional for sure.
+22 straight vs flopped set.  He called me names, and still wouldn't fight back.  (17/6 player)

won 17, lost 6 small pots.  My AA,AA and KK hands won the blinds, of course.

Seems to me like the games have changed a bit.  These used to be very aggressive stakes.  Now the short stackers have invaded, and you see a lot of limping and min betting.  I think it is more the size of my bets and my post flop relentlessness which is keeping them out of my pots.  They just want to see small pots shown down a lot, I guess.  So how do I adjust?

If I stop betting so much, I price them into their weak draws.  I make them accidentally play correctly.  I think I need to keep betting, really.

I guess I need to call more.  I let them price me into my weak draws, and just hope to win a big pot when I hit.  Is that poker?

Played some 6-max.
+76 over 30 hands.  30/23/6.5  - I did get a couple of hands.

Lot's more interesting.  Maybe focus on 6max a bit more.  They are adapting much quicker.  
+56 - obviously had him outkicked with my AJ on a 8AQA7 board.  He stacked off with A6.
Lots of loose calls!  









No comments:

Post a Comment